BOROUGH OF CLEMENTON
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR 2022 PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
MUNICIPAL BOND COUNSEL
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE FIRM
RISK MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT/INSURANCE BROKER OF RECORD
MUNICIPAL LABOR COUNSEL
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to a fair and open process in accordance with N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.5, sealed proposals will be received by the Borough of Clementon at its offices at 101 Gibbsboro Road, Clementon, New Jersey 08021, on Tuesday, December 7, 2021, at 10:00 a.m., prevailing time, for the following:
Municipal Bond Counsel
Risk Management Consultant/Insurance Broker of Record
Municipal Labor Counsel
Term: January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
- PURPOSE: The purpose of this Request for Proposals is to solicit interest from qualified firms and/or individual to provide professional services for the Borough of Clementon. A qualified firm and/or individual will be selected through a competitive, quality-based, fair and open process at the sole discretion of the Borough.
- PROCEDURES FOR RESPONDING TO REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
- Three (3) copies of the proposal, inclusive of all information required at Section D hereof, should be provided. Proposals must be submitted to the Borough of Clementon, 101 Gibbsboro Road, Clementon, New Jersey 08021. Any proposals received after said opening, whether by mail or otherwise, will be deemed non-responsive. No proposals will be accepted after the date set forth above. Proposals must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the firm or individual submitting the proposal clearly marked on the outside of the envelope. It is recommended that each proposal package be hand-delivered. The Borough assumes no responsibility for delays in any form of carrier, mail, or delivery service causing the proposal to be received after the above-referenced due date and time. Submission by fax, telephone, or email is not permitted. The final selection shall be made in the sole discretion of the Mayor and Council.
- All questions regarding this Request for Proposals should be made in writing to Jenai L. Johnson, Municipal Clerk, Borough of Clementon, 101 Gibbsboro Road, Clementon, New Jersey 08021.
- CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS: The Request for Proposal Review Committee will independently evaluate each submission and selection will be made upon the following criteria:
- Experience and reputation in the field;
- Knowledge of the subject matter of the services to be provided to the Borough;
- Knowledge of the Borough, its affairs and operations;
- Availability to accommodate any required meetings of the Borough;
- Compensation proposal;
- Compliance with the minimum qualifications established by the Borough for the position;
- Other factors determined to be in the best interest of the Borough.
- PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS: The Borough of Clementon is requesting qualifications for Municipal Attorney, Municipal Auditor, Municipal Bond Counsel, Municipal Labor Counsel, Municipal Engineer, Municipal Planner, and Economic Development Initiative Firm professional services as follows:
- Scope of Services
- Conflict of Interest
The following explains what the Borough expects in each of the major sections:
- Scope of Services – The Borough of Clementon is requesting qualification statements to provide professional services for the Borough of Clementon. Your response should detail the firm or individual’s qualifications to provide that type of service.
The minimum qualifications established by the Borough for the professional appointments are as follows:
Must be licensed to practice law in the State of New Jersey and eligible to appear before all state and federal courts and administrative offices of the State of New Jersey for a period of not less than 15 years preceding appointment, and preferably a certified civil trial attorney. Must have a minimum 15 years experience representing municipal entities and be experienced with regard to the Municipal Land Use Law, the Municipal Budget Law, the Municipal Bond Law, the Open Public Meetings Act, the Open Public Records Act, the Open Public Bidding Law and Fair Housing Act. Must demonstrate experience representing other municipalities in COAH litigation. Must have experience preparing municipal resolutions and ordinances, and preparing and issuing opinion letters for the issuance of bonds and/or bond anticipation notes.
Must be a certified public accountant and be certified by the State of New Jersey as a registered municipal accountant. The applicant must have a minimum 15 years experience representing municipal entities in connection with municipal audits, budgets and the issuance of bonds and/or bond anticipation notes. The applicant must have sufficient support staff to provide all services required by the Borough of Clementon including, but not limited to, the preparation of the municipal budget, municipal audit, debt statements, official statements and all other documents relating to the issuance of bonds, as well as all other financial matters pertaining to municipal government.
Municipal Bond Counsel:
Must be licensed to practice law in the State of New Jersey and eligible to appear before all state and federal courts and administrative offices of the State of New Jersey for a period of not less than ten (10) years preceding appointment. Must have a minimum of ten (10) years experience representing municipal entities in connection with the approval of bond ordinances and the issuance of municipal bonds and/or notes. Must have sufficient support staff to provide all services required by the Borough of Clementon including, but not limited to, the preparation of all documents necessary and incidental to the issuance of the bonds and other municipal obligations. Must list past and present public entities represented as Bond Counsel. Must provide references from at least two (2) public entity clients.
Municipal Engineer/Municipal Planner:
A firm must designate one (1) engineer to serve as Municipal Engineer. The designated engineer must be licensed as an engineer in the State of New Jersey for at least 15 years, and have represented municipalities and municipally-owned water and sewerage utilities for at least ten (10) years. The individual engineer should be a certified municipal engineer. The engineer must be thoroughly familiar with the Municipal Land Use Law. The engineer must also be experienced in preparing bid specifications for various municipal construction projects and knowledge and experience in preparing and submitting grant applications. The firm and/or engineer must have sufficient support staff to provide all services required by the Borough of Clementon including, but not limited to, the preparation of all plans and documents necessary and incidental to the performance of the engineer’s duties and responsibilities. Municipal Planner must be licensed by the New Jersey State Board of Professional Planners for at least 15 years and served as a municipal planner for at least ten (10) years. The planner must be thoroughly familiar with the Municipal Land Use Law and Fair Housing Act and must have experience preparing Master Plans, and zoning and land use ordinances. The planner must also be knowledgeable of COAH regulations and procedures. The firm and/or planner must have sufficient support staff to provide all services required by the Borough of Clementon including, but not limited to, the preparation of all plans and documents necessary and incidental to the performance of the planner’s duties and responsibilities.
Risk Management Consultant/Insurance Broker of Record:
Must have three (3) years of experience in providing Risk Management consulting services to municipalities and/or counties. The firm must have sufficient staff to provide all services required by the Borough of Clementon, including, but not limited to:
a.) Assist the Borough in indentifying its insurable Property and Casualty exposures and to recommend professional methods to reduce, assume or transfer the risk or loss.
b.)Assist the Borough in understanding and negotiating for the various coverages available from the Fund, and insurance companies.
c.)Review with the Borough any additional coverage available from the Fund and subject to the Borough’s authorization to place such coverage outside the Fund.
d.)Assist the Borough in the preparation of applications, statements of values and similar appraisal work by the Consultant.
e.)Review Certificates of Insurance from contractors, vendors, and professionals when requested by the Borough.
f.)Review the Borough’s assessment as prepared by the Fund and assist the Borough in the preparation of its annual insurance budget.
g.)Review the loss and engineering reports and generally assist the safety committee in its loss containment objectives.
Municipal Labor Counsel
Must be licensed to practice law in the State of New Jersey and a member of the Bar in good standing, specializing in public sector labor relations and whose practice is primarily comprised of representing management. The applicant shall have seven (7) years experience as a municipal labor attorney. The applicant must demonstrate a high degree of knowledge, experience and ability with the following:
a.)Collective bargaining with public sector unions.
d.)Formulating management proposals.
e.)Employer-Employee Relations Act, ADA and FMLA.
f.) PERC Policies and Procedures.
- Resume – All resumes submitted to the Borough of Clementon shall include the following:
- Name and address of your firm and the corporate officer authorized to execute agreements.
- A brief description of your firm’s history, ownership, organizational structure, location of its management, and licenses to do business in the State of New Jersey.
- The names, experience, qualifications, and applicable licenses held by the individual primarily responsible for servicing the Borough and any other person(s), whether as employees or subcontractors, with specialized skills that would be assigned to service the Borough.
- A listing of local governmental clients with which you have similar contracts; include the name, address and telephone number of the contact person.
- A statement of your firm’s insurance coverage. Firms need not provide an insurance certificate specific to the Borough in responding to this RFP. An insurance certificate will be required prior to commencing work after selection of a firm to provide services relative to a specific project.
- A statement of assurance to the effect that your firm is not currently in violation of any regulatory rules and regulations that may have an impact on your firm’s operations.
- Facilities – Office Locations –
- a) For your firm’s facilities which will service this project:
- i) The location
- ii) Firm personnel assigned to this location
iii) Activities of the firm performed at this location
- b) For those facilities and activities located elsewhere, please explain the activities performed elsewhere and why these are best performed at a different office. Firms where all activities are performed at one location should leave this paragraph blank.
- Conflict of Interest – Disclosure of any potential conflicts of interest that the firm may have in performing these services for the Borough of Clementon.
- Fees – Set forth in detail your compensation proposal
- COMPLIANCE: In addition, all proposals shall comply with P.L. 1977, c.33 requiring submission of a statement of corporate ownership, J.S.A. 52:32-44 requiring submission of a New Jersey Business Registration Certificate and the collection of use taxes; and with P.L. 1975, c.127 and N.J.A.C. 17:27-1 et seq., requiring compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws and the submission of proof of compliance therewith.
- RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: The Borough reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, in whole or in part, and to waive any immaterial defect or informality in any proposal as may be permitted by law.
Jenai L. Johnson,