Snow Removal Guidelines
Our Public Works Department is working hard to make driving safer and easier in snowy weather. Depending on the duration and amount of snowfall, Borough trucks may plow your street several times. As snow rolls off our plows, it sometimes accumulates in driveway aprons. Please understand that this is unavoidable and we apologize for any inconvenience. Our goal is to make Clementon Roads and Streets accessible for emergency responders as well as safe for travel for all residents and visitors of the borough. Here are some helpful suggestions to make snow removal most successful:
- Please remove the following items from the street in front of your home:
- Trash/recyclable containers. Place on the grassy planter strip between curb and sidewalk when possible.
- Portable basketball backboard systems.
- Do not park cars on the street during snowy weather when possible. This speeds the removal process and prevents cars from being plowed in or damaged.
- If possible, wait until the borough trucks have made at least 3 passes on your street before cleaning your driveway.
- Shovel and/or blow snow behind the curb, not into the street.
- Shovel snow to the right side of your driveway (facing the street) to minimize the amount of snow entering your driveway.
- To ensure the safety of pedestrians, residents must remove snow from sidewalks following a snow fall. Please remember that children are walking to school and bus stops all over town.
In the event of deep snow, please shovel around your mailbox, storm drains and fire hydrants near your house for your safety and your neighbors' safety.
For more information, please contact the Public Works Department by calling 856-784-0495.
Thank you, Clementon DPW